Procedures for Clinical Trials in the case of No-Deal-BrexitNeu
For further information please click here.
Clinical trial statisticsNeu
The following document summarises statistics of clinical trials of the past years. The information will also be published in the uptodate-Newslater of the BASG in June.
- CT AMG Statistics 2018.pdf396 KAnnual statistics until December 2018
Information on the submission of clinical trials, the approval procedure, fees and sponsor responsibilities during and after completion of a clinical trial is compiled in the "Guidance for CT submission".
Clinical trials require prior approval by the BASG (Federal Office for Safety in Health Care; Bundesamt für Sicherheit im Gesundheitswesen). The "List of Documentation Required" summarises the required dossier content.
The cited documents represent the translation of European guidance, which is found in the Detailed guidance on the request to the competent authorities for authorisation of a clinical trial on a medicinal product for human use, the notification of substantial amendments and the declaration of the end of the trial (CT-1).
The submission to Austrian (Lead) Ethics committees is to occur prior or in parallel to the submission to the BASG.
An amendment might become necessary should the clinical trial be modified after approval. A tabulated summary of which amendments are considered as substantial and which as non-substantial with the BASG and Ethics committees is provided in the "Classification of Amendments".
Should our guidance documents not answer your questions, please contact clinicaltrialsbasg.gvat
Dr. Stefan Strasser
Dr. Ilona Reischl
- L I209 Guidance CT submission en.pdf239 KGuidance for submission of a clinical trial [Last updated: 05.08.2016]
- L I211 List of documentation required.pdf41 KList of documentation required for valid submission to the BASG [Last updated: 21.12.2015]
- L I219 Classification of Amendments.pdf153 KClassification of Amendments [Last updated: 02.09.2014]
- CT-1 English version 02.pdf867 KCT-1 Guidance Document [30.03.2010]
Created: 08.03.2009 | Page last modified: 05.08.2016