The CHMP introduces itself
The CHMP is the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use of the EMA (European Medicines Agency) and plays a vital role in the authorization of medicines in the EU. Via the centralized procedure, new treatment options are made available for patients in the EU. For more information on the CHMP click here.
Each EU member state has two representatives on the CHMP. In addition, up to 5 co-opted members can be elected from among the experts nominated by the member states.
- CHMP Chairman: Harald Enzmann
- CHMP Vice-Chairman: Bruno Sepodes
- EMA CHMP Head: Spiros Vamvakas
Austrian representation on the CHMP:
- CHMP Member: Andrea Laslop
- CHMP alternate member: Daniela Philadelphy
- CHMP co-opted member: Christian Gartner
Agenda, Minutes and Highlights of the CHMP can be found on the EMA website: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/committees/chmp/chmp-agendas-minutes-highlights
For more information, please visit the EMA website: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en